Incorporated in 1995, Alam Flora Sdn Bhd is one of the leading environmental management companies in Malaysia that is dedicated to serving communities to manage and reduce waste with minimal environmental impact. Alam Flora is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DRB-Hicom Berhad, one of Malaysia’s leading companies listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, playing an integral role in supporting Malaysia’s transformation into a competitive, knowledge-based and high income nation.
DRB-Hicom are entrepreneurial conglomerate with three core business sectors, automotive, services; and property, asset and construction.
Being one of the largest concession holders of Malaysia’s national solid waste management and public cleansing privatization project, Alam Flora provides comprehensive waste management services to several concession areas in certain regions of Peninsular Malaysia, the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, and Pahang.
Alam Flora collaborates closely with 13 Local Authorities (LA) to provide public cleansing and waste management for 33 schemes zones.
Annually, Alam Flora amasses an average of 1.01 million tonnes of waste. A substantial percentage of this waste originates from public cleansing where covered and open drains, beaches, highways, main roads, side and back lanes are manually and mechanically cleansed. While solid waste management is the primary business driver, Alam Flora takes on a holistic approach to waste management by constantly striving to enrich the communities and the environment by increasing the quality of life. Alam Flora has achieved local and international recognition: - ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification.
Alam Flora understands the welfare of the environment is vital to our communities’ wellbeing and health. Alam Flora actively pursues projects and initiatives that benefit the waste industry, the communities and the ecosystem.
Stimulates creativity and intuition. It imparts a message of great responsibility and high ideals. It shows the integrity and deep sincerity of our people. Transform people's thinking and beliefs into developing new insights and pioneering spirit
It represents the clarity of thought and communication, inspires self-expression, encouraging people to tune into their own needs. It also creates emotional balance in life. Our people are dependable, clear thinking and decision-making. We are able to express hopes and dreams no matter how idealistic they may be. Therefore, recharges the spirit, invigorating depleted energy levels and inspiring positive thought.
Energy, passion, action, strength, excitement and good judgment is stimulated by red colour. It shows we are action oriented people with a deep need for physical fulfillment and to experience life through the five senses. This indicates the energy and passion for our business.
- Appreciating LIFE
- By changing your thinking, you change your beliefs.
- When you change your beliefs, you change your expectations.
- When you change your expectations, you change your attitude.
- When you change your attitude, you change your behaviour.
- When you change your behaviour, you change your performance.
- When you change your performance, you change your LIFE.
- We are committed to a clean environment
- We are committed to excellent customer service
- We will consistently optimize high return to share holder
- We are committed to the development of a skilled, dedicated and knowledgeable workforce
- Excellent Customer Relations
- Sense of Urgency
- Harmonious Relationship
- Pride and Professionalism
- Quality Services
- Trust and Respect
Over the years, Alam Flora has reaped numerous industry awards in providing total solid waste management solutions. Alam Flora takes great pride in these awards since many of them reflect and recognize our passion in achieving the highest standards of excellence. Far more important than any accolade or award, however, is the reality that every employee in Alam Flora embraces – improving the quality of life through the sanitation services and solving requirements of our customers and the communities we serve by exceeding expectations.
- ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001: 2004 Certification
- In order to simplify and improve the implementation of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004, Quality Management Department initiated an effort to integrate the certification of both management systems by using single certification body (URS Certification (M) Sdn Bhd). With tremendous support, cooperation and participation by all service areas and departments involved, Alam Flora Sdn Bhd had successfully past the recertification of the Integrated Management System and improve the compliance towards both standards and related regulations.
- Certificate for Merit by STAR Outstanding Business Award
- Alam Flora was a proud recipient of this Certificate of Merit that recognises the best of Malaysian businesses and honours local non-public listed enterprises that have paved the way with exceptional business principles, ethics and practices.
- Expansion of ISO 14001:2004 Certification by ISO 14001:2004
- This extension of the international accreditation for Alam Flora acknowledges that as a waste management service provider, Alam Flora assists and service other organizations or entities to minimise their operations that adversely affects the environment while in compliance with the local laws and regulations, while meeting with the highest standards of the industry.
- Keris Awards 2010 by 9th Asia Pacific International Honesty Enterprise
- Once more, Alam Flora was honoured with the Keris Award in 2010, in recognition of its honest business practices and commercial dealings exhibiting honesty and integrity.
- Excellence Service Quality in 7th Asia Pacific International Entrepreneur Excellent Award
- This achievement is supported by the Malaysian government and is conferred to businesses that are substantially strong and stable with excellent performance in every commercial aspect whilst having made significant contributions towards society.
- Excellence Leadership in 7th Asia Pacific International Entrepreneur Excellent Award
- Alam Flora marked yet another milestone for this award that is granted to entrepreneurial companies that have excelled and are leaders in their respective fields.
- Winner of Vocational Award & Employee Appreciation Award by Rotary Club
- This prized tribute focuses on the adherence and promotion of the highest ethical standards in all occupations, in particular the fair treatment of employers, employees, associates, competitors and the public in addition to meeting the needs of the community.
- 2nd Runners-Up for Best Environmental by ACCA Mesra Awards
- This award is bestowed upon corporations that produce quality reports on sustainability and that examines the outcomes and impact on society, economy and environment.
- Best Public Affairs Campaign by Institute of Public Relations Malaysia (IPRM) Crystal Award
- This annual and esteemed award recognizes Alam Flora’s high standards of public relations practices in Malaysia.
- The judging criteria included conceptual planning, programme analysis, proposal versus implementation, budget, publicity or promotions, objective, level of research, innovativeness and return on investment or measure of success.
- Notable Achievement in Environmental Performance by Prime Minister’s 2008/2009 Hibiscus Award
- This venerable tribute was in recognition of Alam Flora’s constant endeavour to provide only the best in our services to the community and efforts in preserving the environment.
- Industrial Excellence Award for Service Sector by BERNAMA
- Alam Flora was honoured to receive the Industrial Excellence Award, a mark of distinction that is sanctioned and backed by the Malaysian Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
- Keris Award for Honesty
- This annual international business award recognises honest business practices in enterprises that demonstrates honesty and integrity in daily business and commercial transactions and communications.
- Notable Achievement in Environmental Performance by Prime Minister’s 2006/2007 Hibiscus Award
- Endorsed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MNRE), Malaysia and supported by the Department of Environment (DOE); this accolade is public recognition of Alam Flora’s business accomplishments especially in environmental stewardship.
- Best Employee/Member Communication by International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Silver Quill Awards
- Alam Flora attained this global and prestigious award for the best corporate communication programme that promotes excellent business communications according to IABC criteria.
- Best Environmental Report by ACCA Mesra Awards
- Alam Flora’s consistent efforts in providing only the best services has garned this accolade for Best Environmental Report, a commendation for its holistic approach to sustainability reporting that examines and accounts for consequences on society, economy and environment.
- Exemplary Advocacy of Ethical Business Practices Category Large Enterprise (Local) by Malaysia Business Ethics Excellence Award in 2005
- This bi-annual distinction commemorates companies that practices exemplary business ethics that are guided by their respective Code of Ethics.